THE TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM
The Teacher Training is open to those who have taken a full WYC Immersion. For an application to the training click here (Please print, fill and send)
The World Yoga Center is a teacher training school registered with the National Yoga Alliance. Successful completion of the WYC Teacher Training Certification Program gives you the title of Registered Hatha Yoga teacher (RYT.) Co-led by Rudrani Farbman and Jackie Prete, this 9 month training is designed to provide aspiring teachers with the craft needed to be in full service to a class of students.
Beginning in 1976, the World Yoga Center teacher training program continues to remain moored in the ancient tradition of Yoga thereby maintaining its spiritual potency. Students are exposed to the scriptures, teachings and transformational practices. As they develop mastery in asana and inner awareness, they become able to transmit the heart of yoga to others.
This is a subtle process which happens spontaneously in a climate of compassion, camaraderie and mutual respect. The training is a natural organic process based on yogic methods of learning as well as Western scholarship. Students emerging from this program describe it as a mysterious “gestation period”, where they had the time and space to become a true yoga teacher from within. WYC certification represents a successful launching of a yoga teacher capable of teaching professionally.
The Teacher Training Program joyously wends its way through a full, rich curriculum and encourages the development of a wide variety of skills needed for teaching.
- Asana training: Universal Principles of Alignment of Anusara Yoga
- Yoga scriptures and schools of Philosophy: Kashmir Shaivism, Upanishads, Bhagavad-Gita, Patanjali
- Meditation and Pranayama (establishing a practice and teaching)
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Therapeutics and hands-on adjustments
- Class sequencing and practice teaching
- Study groups and individual support
- Satsang: creating a community
- Special needs populations: seniors, prenatal, children
The Art of Teaching
- Holding the Seat of the Teacher
- Weaving teachings and generating higher energy in class
- Lyricism and full self-expression
- Presence of creativity, authenticity, spontaneity, silence
- Attendance in all training weekends
- 2 weekly Hatha classes
- Seva (service)
- Written and reading assignments
- Home practice
- Practice teaching
- Observing and assisting
- Quizzes, reviews, exams
Learn more about the Teacher Training Trainers:
Rudrani Farbman Brown, Director and Founder of the World Yoga Center
Meet them in person at the following WYC classes:
Rudrani Farbman Brown – Mondays at 6:15 p.m. and Sundays at 11 a.m.
Jackie Prete – Tuesdays at 10 a.m., Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. and Fridays at 10 a.m.
Teacher Training Program Costs
Tuition includes all training sessions, individual mentoring, distributed readings and materials.
Payment plans are available.
MORE INFORMATION – If you are interested or need more information please call (212) 724-0467 or (212) 877-4153.
“What moved me forward, through various obstacles during the teacher training, was a firm definition of the integrity expected and the collective commitment by the group on a subtle energetic level to hold the structure and not break it.” – Student
“We all felt enveloped in love throughout this training, thank you for making that possible for so many.” – Student